You’ve been running over an ice if you haven’t used a wood lathe machine for your woodwork. On the market, there are countless wood lathe, but most of them are pocket-ripping and quite heavy. While some are cheap (they lack features which do not make them good enough).
Saving money with quality tools, to have a great time is all I want for you.
For fast and productive tool, I’ll mostly recommend JET JWL-1015, NOVA COMET 2 MINI LATHE and MOPHORN.
Hence, if you are just starting out or in the middle of doing the basics within your hobby, We’ve spent Seven days researching the best wood lathe under $500, check out the top three.
- Jet JWL-1015 Wood Lathe
- Comet II 46300 Mini Lathe
- Mophorn 10×12 Inch Wood Lathe
You would so much love: JET JWL-1015 WOOD LATHE, COMET 2 46300 MINI LATHE and MOPHORN 10 X 18 INCH WOOD LATHE as top rated wood lathe under 500 dollars. We’ve reviewed these extraordinary products. To find out that tool you’ve been looking for in terms of quality and functionality, keep reading.
List Of Best Wood Lathe Under $500
Jet Jwl-1015 Wood Working Lathe
Of all top wood lathe less than $500 listed out here, I can boldly beat my chest like a drum without cardiac arrest over this. The brand itself is a renowned company when it comes to woodwork machines that makes your work easier and faster.
You can also make a personal research on this brand to heighten your level of assurance. You’ll find out this brand has a whole lot of varieties and difference in pricing. Not to talk about it being a top wood lathe too.
Suitable for all and sundry; beginners, intermediate and professionals. It is weighty at 771B, which could either be good or bad, based on your manner of usage. You can choose to make it move or just permanently place it while in use.
Although, it vibrates really hard. You wouldn’t care about that if it dishes the quality you thirst and value you crave for.
This high quality wood working lathe has speed variables with pre-set on 500, 840, 1240, 1800, 2630 and 3975, increasing trust and development; fitting the smallest of workbenches and compact sizes.
Contrariwise, this could be annoying for those who are used to digital numerical data display. It could be a great experience, nevertheless.
On gap size, it’s 15.5 between centers and 24 position of alphabetical listing, giving you room for anything you might want to turn. Leveraging on users’ reviews on erstwhile lathe machines of this model, it’s now easier with a tensioning system allowing admittance to belts. Plus, wider beds giving constraints whenever you’re making use of the lathe.
The speed range is 60-3600 RPM, a decent motor power 1HP. A new level when it comes with quality of construction, a thorough tool. Though, heavy, but I bet it is super-duper dope!
- Weight of 771B
- Speed variable pre-set between 500-3975
- 15.5 gap size
- 24 positions of alphabetical listing (indexing)
- Tensioning system
- Wider lathe beds
- 60-3600 RPM speed range
- 1HP motor power
- Renowned brand for quality assurance
- Suitable for both beginners, intermediate and professionals.
- Personal choice on its mobility features.
- Enough space for any wood you might want to turn.
- Wider beds when using the lathe.
- Differs speed rage.
- Best wood lathe under $500, nice pricing for maximum satisfaction.
Central Machinery Wood Lathe Plus Reversible Head
A top wood lathe less than $500 with a self-stand which do not occupy large amount of space. Suitable for beginners who are not sure of continuing with their love for wood turning, quite basic for professional users.
The turnable headstock allows you make large bowls with no thorn in the flesh, flexible enough for wider distances. It’s rotating position are into four indexes, namely: 45, 90, 135 and 180 degrees; off-center swing measurement 12, considerably great for most needs. Numerous speed pre-sets exist as well, but not as high as other wood lathes numbered in our findings turn.
We are also glad to tell you that the turnable wood lathe head comes with a few accessories, namely: a drive hub, Allen wrenches, a 6″ disc and a tool rest.
Meaning you need not supplement with extras if you fall in love with your new-found hobby. You know changing belt is so annoying? Be smart, just do it upfront; grinder to sharpen a jig set of calipers.
- A self-stand
- A turnable headstock
- Flexibility for wider distance
- Four indexes for rotation degrees
- Off-center swing measurement
- Numerous speed pre-set
- Speed range
- A tool set
- Accompanied by accessories
- Just price as part of the best wood lathe under $500
- A freestanding wood lathe occupying little or no wide space.
- More suitable for beginners.
- Very flexible for greater distances
- One of the wood lathes under $500, giving out affordability
- Swing over measurement 12″, large enough for most needs
- A few accessories at upfront
Nova Comet 2 46300 Mini Wood Lathe
This wood lathe is also from the hands of a well-known producer in the industry, giving you enough confidence on quality assurance. It is suitable to make minute projects and intricate items like bowls and spindles. We have also placed this as a nice choice to beginners and intermediate for best $500 wood lathe.
Pre-set range of 250-4000 RPM; its slower speeds are nice for intricating items. 12″ swing distance over bed and 16.5 large scale from center giving you enough space, speaking on wood sizing, a pulley system raging from low, medium and high.
This also comes with 3/4 Horsepower which was upgraded after reading and going through series of reviews from users on previously made machines. For affirmation you can likewise make a little thorough research on the company’s status and this model, particularly.
- Pre-set range from 250-4000 RPM
- 12″ swing pulley bed
- 16.5 large scale from bed to drive hub
- 3/4 HP
- Navigational headstock
- Made by a renowned brand in the manufacturing industry
- 12-16.5 scale from bed to drive hub for versatility in wood turning
- A pulling system raging from low, medium and high
- One of the top rated wood lathe under 500 dollars
- 3/4 HP for proper effectiveness
- A pre-set range from 250-4000 RPM, nice for intricating items.
Wen 3420 “8 By 12” Wood Lathe
Its model is of Benchtop with a Variable Speed. This is not heavy nor huge, which makes it to be easily-mobilized and not cause straining, especially while turning over a wood. Speed is 750 to 3200 rpm. It’s manual and adjustable. With a 5 Faceplate added into its pack, turning woods to make bowls and cups becomes a fine and enjoyable process.
12” in height and 8″ in width, gives you flexibility at its best. The WEN 3420 WOOD LATHE is very quiet in its usage and got a soft starter motor, if you yearn for safety. The soft starter makes it last longer and minimizes damage impact.
Due to its strongness and powerfulness based on the 2A motor which includes tailstock taper and MT1 spindle with a two interchangeably-restables which can be navigated based on the kind of work you want to do. For reassurance, the WEN 3420 wood lathe under $500, comes with a two-year warranty.
- Variable speed of 750 to 3200 rpm
- Easily-mobilized and light
- 5 Faceplate
- 12 in height and 8 in width, speaking about flexibility
- A soft starter to subside or curb damage impact
- 2A motor
- Tailstock taper
- MT1 Spindle
- Two interchangeable-restables navigators in usage
- A Two-year warranty
- One of the wood lathes under $500, budget-worthy wood lathe for purchase and optimal for users.
- Manual speed alteration, a gateway on large scale.
- Not hectic with the soft-start motor.
- Long term warranty.
- A soldier among the armies of top ranked wood lathe under $500, feel assured in your purchase
Mophorn 10 X 18 Inch Wood Lathe
Fantastic powerful motor. Classy features introduced in this, more importantly, I have an unending love for the digital speed reading. You have the power to note your speed, isn’t that beautiful? Like the initially mentioned machines, I can as well beat my chest on this with no cardiac arrest or heart cancer. It makes your work fast, convenient and better.
This wood lathe runs a complete control with huge amount of power, a swing over bed between the beds and the drive hub, giving you an enthralling experience. This and more makes it one of the top wood lathes on the list.
It will be bad if I don’t talk about the incredible rubber stand beneath its base give you a nice and standard stability on use. It can be used for many huge projects, medium or very little projects.
- Digital speed monitor
- 5 spindle speed setting
- 10-inch swing flexibility
- 600-3800 RPM
- 3/4 HP
- Size varieties
- Digital speed monitor to track and regulate your speed
- Fantastic speed range for versatility
- Rubber feet beneath base for stability
- Mind-blowing motor power to run huge projects.
Aforementioned is a list of best wood lathes under $500 ranging for their suitability for high, medium and low pulley system.
All you have to do is take a choice based on your capacity in cash and strength. We could see a change in some products due to customer reviews. Why not go purchase one, be smart in choosing and drop a review for development.
For fast and productive tool, I’ll mostly recommend JET JWL-1015, NOVA COMET 2 MINI LATHE and MOPHORN as best $500 wood lathe.